SportsEvents Magazine

DEC 2016

SportsEvents is edited for those who plan tournaments or other sports events.

Issue link: http://sportsevents.epubxp.com/i/769203

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 97 of 165

CVBs & Sports Commissions Sponsored Content December 2016 96 www.sportseventsmagazine.com lanning a tournament? Do it in Bryan College Station, Texas, where we take pride in our ser- vice and hospitality—even in our facilities! And with Bryan College Station being just three hours away or less from 80 percent of Texas, top-notch accommodations, and plenty to do after games, you won't find a better location. Need fields for a crowd? The newly refreshed Veterans Park and Athletic Complex boasts five lighted softball fields and 11 lighted soccer fields. The complex also offers parking for 1,100+ vehicles, a 500-person pavilion, a play- ground, a concession stand, and a mile- long American history walking trail around the park. There's also a charming 12-acre veteran's memorial and a garden plaza for those who like a dose of history and beauty with their games. Imagine hitting a game-winning three- pointer in a world-famous arena. Texas A&M's Reed Arena is home to Aggie basketball, but it's also a great option for your next basketball or volleyball tournament. Boasting a legendary college athletic atmosphere, the 12,989- seat Reed Arena is a premier champi- onship venue. Need to get pumped up before your game? The building is wired for multi-media input throughout, and is outfitted with LCD flat screen televisions and gaming systems in locker rooms, player lounges, and training and practice rooms. Not only is Reed Arena one of the best arenas in the Southwest, it's also great for trophy ceremonies and post- game events. Other facilities include the Natato- rium, featuring a 50-meter, eight-lane competition pool equipped with gradu- ated depths of seven to nine feet, under- water viewing galleries, and a 17-foot dive pool with several platforms. The Penberthy Recreation Complex is home to sports like lacrosse, rugby, archery, and has 17 acres of football, soccer, and softball fields. As a sports planner, you've got a lot on your plate: scheduling, locations, accommodations, and logistics all need to be addressed when planning a tourna- ment—and that doesn't even account for budgeting! We're here to make sure that last item doesn't throw off the others, so we've implemented our signature Hotel Occu- pancy Tax Grant Program to help fi- nance your event. Planners are invited to apply for funds from the Convention and Visitors Bureau to help offset the plan- ning and marketing costs for events in Bryan College Station. Qualifying events will receive 25 percent of the approved funds before the event to help with pro- motion and advertising. The remaining 75 percent of the grant will be issued based on the number of hotel room nights booked. More money, just for hosting an event? It's just one of many great exam- ples of the top-notch service and hospital- ity you'll get in Bryan College Station. n P Bryan College Station is a Sports Planner's Paradise Kindra Fry, VP of Sales (979) 260-9898 kindra@bcscvb.org www.visitaggieland.com Bryan College Station Sports + Events "We are a sports-oriented community and we are always happy to share our facilities to inspire the next generation of athletes and encourage people who continue to make fitness/competition a priority in their lives." Best-in-class facilities, flexibility, and hospitality make this Texas community a favorite for sports planners.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of SportsEvents Magazine - DEC 2016